Wednesday, August 13, 2014

My 3-Day Refresh journey

#PiYo Day one
  A couple of months ago, Beachbody, the company that produces P90X, Insanity, Turbo Kick, PiYo, etc..., released a 3-Day Refresh.  I was so excited!  They offer a 21 day cleanse, which I have had friends do and get amazing results from, but be it that I am a fitness instructor, I cannot afford to do those long cleanses because you're not supposed to do workouts while only taking in a min. amount of calories.  Duh.  SO...after a summer filled with family visits/vaca's, going out with friends after shows, date night deliciousness, etc... I am starting my journey to losing what I call my "happy couple weight" and my "vaca family weight".  Seriously!  I have around 15 pounds to drop.  UGH!  How does a fitness professional do that?!  Well....it happens.  We are human.  I also had two significant injuries this year, causing me to not lift for 8 weeks in the spring.  That's huge!  Lifting is the BEST way to not only lose weight, but change your body.  When you lift you build muscle.  When you build muscle, you burn calories even when you're sleeping.  SO..add up the "happy couple/family vaca weight" and not lifting to two months and that equals 15 pounds!  Jealous?...don't be.  ;)  
  Now I start my journey to getting back to ME!  Yesterday I began the refresh.  So far, so good.  Can't wait to share my results!  Once the refresh is finished I'm going straight into PiYo program (with their meal plan) and also incorporating Body Pump both at home and in the gym.  My goal is to have all this gained weight off for my best friends wedding September 22nd.  I can do it!!  Hopefully, if you're looking to make a change and you're interested in some of these Beachbody programs, this will help you decide.  
Lunch:)  This was also served with a vanilla fresh shake with blueberries and strawberries.  Its was so yummy!  


Dinner!  Also served with a vanilla fresh shake with cinnamon:)  

No comments:

Post a Comment